Where to find the best products and services Tucson has to offer...

AZ Bicycle Experts - A True Tucson Asset



A Short Story About A Raleigh


I live here in Tucson and work as a writer with a hobby for collecting. It gives me a chance to do what I love most research. Recently I came across a 10-Speed. A Raleigh “Grand Prix”. It was light as a feather yet durable and the closer I looked the more I realized it to be an engineering marvel, at least to me. I realized it was probably vintage from its slender look and styling. I have to admit I come across several items of all types so I have sense for value. I knew immediately this Bicycle was special. My first instinct as a collector was to find out.
I used most of my normal avenues of research initially. Being an English product I receive a lot of feed back in the form of British Pounds and Centimeters neither of which I understand. So I switched over to a more local pattern of research, the phone-book. I went through a few local bike shops at first. Most of which asked more questions than they answered. Then I caught a break. I called over to “AZ Bicycle Experts” and spoke with a really cool guy named Sean. I briefly explained I had the Raleigh was researching to find history and possibly value.
This turned out to be best idea I had all day. Sean gave me a few pieces information on the Bicycle them proceeded to explain how I could use both E Bay and Craigslist as research tools in gathering information on the Raleigh. He also went on to explain there was in fact an upcoming “Bicycle Swapmeet” this month right here in town. He then to proceeded to supply me with the date, time, the the location (with reference points). All in a nice courteous  professional manner. As a writer I don't have much cash to throw around so to speak (no best sellers yet) and Sean answered my questions gave me more related info and didn't try and sell me anything, I appreciated that. 
With this newly obtained information I found out everything I needed to know about the Raleigh and a little more. Using the suggestions I received from Sean I was able to quickly confirm I did indeed have a rare gem of a find. It turned out to be a 77' Raleigh Model “Grand Prix” model as a well as rare imported version. It still had all the original parts which all function perfect. Far as I can tell it was only a set of Brake shoes (front) and a Tail light away from being complete. Overall in very good for being almost 40 years old. A Road/Touring Bicycle it has features so advanced they're still being used today.
  • Caliper Center Pull Brakes
  • Composite Metal Frame
  • Retrofitted with Shimano Pd-M747 Pedals

Being really satisfied with such service I went out back and looked at another bicycle I had. I called back over to AZ Bicycle Experts and got Sean again. I thanked him for his initial help and asked if I could ask another question on another Bicycle. With no hesitation he agreed and again he supplied me top-notch info on a mountain bike made by IronHorse (turns out it was a child's bike!) When I researched it same thing happened surface general in formation returned same kind I received mostly from the Raleigh. I'm glad I did call AZ Bike Experts like the name implies they really were experts and knew their bicycles. More important they allow a nice comfortable line of communication. I mean I didn't feel like I was going to be pitched to at any minute lured into the shop under false pretenses. I got exactly what I asked for in each call and have plans on going in once this Raleigh sells and finding something more suitable for me.
Me personally I would recommend to anyone that has any type of Bicycle needs contact AZ Bicycle Experts they truly are experts. Or just drop by I plan to I mean I was treated so well over the phone I would like to see a what an actual visit in person be like! At any rate this is yet another one of Tucson hidden gems so make sure you take advantage when it comes to your Bicycle issue's. Mention this Blog Post it could get you a discount...you just have to go in and find out!

AZ Bicycle Experts
2801 E Speedway Boulevard (at Treat)
Tucson, Arizona 85716
520.881.2279
info@abecycling.com
**And remember to support your local merchants and they will support you!