Where to find the best products and services Tucson has to offer...

Old Towne Tattoo Studio by Tony Edwards

Located at 4240 E Speedway Tony Edwards' Old Towne Tattoo shop remains a staple in the Tucson community. A fixture on southwest corner of Speedway and Columbus for decades, Old Towne continues to deliver remarkably unique Tattoos and  Body Piercings day after day to it's diverse blend of customers. I walked in intending to only ask a few questions (just enough to fill a Blog Post).Although it was crowded everyone was very nice and polite as I made inquiry after inquiry. The level of patience and professionalism was very much above and beyond what I normally expect nowadays. I went in hoping to speak with a few employees without interrupting the flow of business. But instead I found myself actually sitting and talking with the owner, Tony Edwards. He took a few minutes and explained to me how a lot of the other shops popping up around town are being opened by amateurs in hopes of making a quick buck as opposed to creating individual pieces of art upon the human body. Which was what he and everyone else in the shop specialized in.  I could tell from just the few minutes I spent interviewing him he was passionate about his trade, he was an Artist. I had seen a lot of tattoos but never heard of one described in such a way. I could see from how busy the shop was that his time was important so I thanked him for his time and asked if I could visit his second location at 1905 E Grant Road, here in Tucson (Google it!). So if your in the market for a great individual tattoo or strategically placed piercing be sure and stop by one of Tony Edwards' Old Towne Tattoo Shop(s) and take a look at what they have to offer, or even better what they can create just for you (based on how busy they were I would suggest calling ahead to E Speedway - (520) 321- 9042 or  E Grant Road (520) 323 - 6966) . Beside the creativity within each artist there was also a sense of "pride in profession" in the shop as overall. When I finally left I felt I had discovered another one of Tucson's hidden treasures. Yet another reason why life here in Tucson is so interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've never heard of a Tatto shop described so professionally. I've been in LA to long. Sounds like a nice place to visit. Can't say I'll leave without another Tattoo. The Club Cactus Moon sounds like my kinda of club also. With your expert advertising, I may have to plan a trip to Arizona!

    ReplyDelete